Saturday, April 22, 2006

Where I'm at...

The main reason I started a blog is to get my thoughts and opinions down on paper (so to speak), to give my ideas room to breath, to see if they can stand the light of day. As such I will mostly be writing off the top of my head, and this blog will mostly be about what I think and feel, not what others say about things. That is not to say I won't occasionally be posting about what others say, but this blog will mostly be about my ideas. (Yes, you can say it. Gods, what an ego!)

So this is as good a time as any to let you know what some of my general opinions are, to see where I am coming from. Politically I am to the right, mostly conservative with a strong libertarian streak ( I will save my rant on the idiocy of the left/right political paradigm for another time), I am as close to a free speech absolutist as you can be without actually yelling FIRE! in a crowded theatre, I am a believer in original intent when it comes to the Constitution (living breathing documents scare the crap out of me), I am a firm believer in a strong, effective defense (military rant forthcoming), and I don't particularly care who or what an adult sleeps with, as long as all the partners are willing and of age. I also believe in holding adults responsible for their actions, something that seems unfashionable these days. I am a believer in as open as possible immigration, but WITHIN THE LAW. I am totally against illegal immigration (stay tuned for another rant).

On the hot button topics of the day, here is my brief description of where I am on them;
Abortion: Against (but not for the reasons you might assume)
The Iraq War: For (reasons will be given in a forthcoming rant)
Death Penalty: For (with restrictions)
Gay Marriage: Against (again, not for the reasons you might assume)
Illegal Immigration: very much Against
Bush: For (with reservations)

There you go, just some of the random thoughts running around in my head. Discuss...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home